[Lazarus] Errors installing ACS 2.2 Sound component (ACS_Classes.pas)

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Sep 4 08:19:55 CEST 2010

On 9/3/2010 16:36, Peter E Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 13:16 -0700, Bihar Anwar wrote:
>> Try ACS v2.4 svn version. I'd done it before with a success. Yes, it cannot be
>> compiled before my trivial fixes to the ACS source, but I forgot what fixes I'd
>> done at the time. Just to tell you my experience, ACS preloading and stopping
>> time is very slow.
>>
>> However, I've ever saw Graeme start a discussion with a topic "playsound..." or
>> "play music ..." or something like that, maybe that helps.
>>

> I went to this page:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/ACS#Download
>
> but all I could find was links to individual files. Isn't there
> somewhere where I can download the ENTIRE archive of it, instead of each
> bloody individual file!?!?!?!? I would appreciate a link to it.

hey man... sometimes we oldtimers gotta eat the shit the these n00bie coders
spew out because they simply do not understand where we come from... in many
cases, they are jaundiced by their own problems and insecurities and thus they
simply rely on supposedly "existing standards" which don't exist until they get
everyone else to follow along with their lemming thought processes...

i say make your games the way you want and beep the console speaker if you
want... and those that don't like it can go play another game or at least go
somewhere else and blow their own dick in their own way... this ain't a "my tool
is bigger or better than your tool" area :)

i hope that makes sense to others and is not too inexcusable to too many's
sensitivities...