[Lazarus] TStringList : how should it behave on Delimiter = ' ' ?

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 15:53:32 CEST 2010

----- "Mark Morgan Lloyd" <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> schreef:

> An onboard squeaker, /particularly/ on a PC, uses a small part of a
> chip
> that's also critical to the operation of the rest of the system. And
> that, I suspect, is why direct access to it is restricted.

not to mention that that functionality (Beep(freq, duration)) on a PC speaker requires acces to both the PIT (timer/clock) chip and the 'speaker' as well as that it requires interrupt programming.

(as I recall it)

apart from those lowlevel system-requirements that aren't open to everyone except maybe on DOS, you have to account for the fact that on *nix or in fact any other OS besides DOS, the user isn't necessarily on the same computer as the one where the app runs.

kind regards,
Dimitri Smits