[Lazarus] Default values for Top coordinate offsets for components in a visual container

Juha Manninen (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 13:50:08 CEST 2010

On Friday 10 September 2010 14:25:31 Mattias Gärtner wrote:
> As this problem only rises when opening a dfm produced by Delphi, the
> offset depends solely on the theme used by Delphi. AFAIK there are not
> many combinations and only a few controls have child controls and a
> notable frame. I guess one offset per class will be sufficient for 99%
> of all Delphi apps.

You are still around here Mattias, good!

Now I understood better the reasoning for differences between the coordinate
systems in Delphi and Lazarus.
Rigth, it doesn't depend on Lazarus widgetset theme after all.

The remaining question is if there is need for a run-time adjustment in case
the same .dfm file is used for both Delphi and Lazarus. There could be code
added to FormCreate, enclosed in {$IFDEF FPC}, to move the controls.
I will implement it later if needed.

Juha