[Lazarus] TStringList : how should it behave on Delimiter = ' ' ?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 18:44:32 CEST 2010

On 10 September 2010 11:20, Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:

>> For a good understanding: TStrings is not a substitute for a CSV kind of format. Any attempt at using it for that is doomed to fail. Use a proper CSV format handling class if you need CSV. For example, the sdfdataset unit delivered with FPC contains one such class.
>>
> Well it works for 'simplest' case(s); I'll have a look at sdfdataset (time allowing).

I have written a CSV parser for tiOPF 2 project as well. It can be
used outside tiOPF as well, because there isn't actually any tiOPF
dependency. The unit is called tiTokenLibrary.pas in the Core
directory - tiOPF is hosted on SourceForge.net

Documentation for tiTokenLibrary.pas is available here:

http://opensoft.homeip.net/tiopf/core/titokenlibrary/index.html

  - Graeme -