[Lazarus] Drag-n-Drop usage?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 14:08:15 CEST 2010

Am 13.09.2010 14:53, schrieb Mattias Gärtner:
> Zitat von Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>:
>
>> [...]
>>> AFAIR it was always so.
>>>

>> I just did a quick test with 0.9.29 on Windows. I created a simple
>> program in a text editor (file extension: .pas) and opened it with
>> "File->Open" in Lazarus. It asked whether I want to create a new
>> project. So afaik it wasn't always so :P
>
> Try a second time with the same project.
> It asks only for new units. If you answered to open it as regular file
> it will be opened as regular file the next time without asking.

I know that one. Sometimes it's a nice feature that the IDE only asks
once and sometimes it's just annoying. -.- And mostly it works in
exactly that way that I don't need it :P

>> I don't know the revision, but the source files from Lazarus are from
>> 30th August (and I've updated before I compiled that version), but
>> they are no longer under subversion control, so I can't check.

>>> What's the problem with opening the lpi file, or using "open project"?
>>
>> That's the point: no lpi file. The situation I'm talking of is a
>> externally created virgin Pascal program.
>>
>> The only possible solution would be "Project->New project from file"
>
> Yes.
>
>> (or similar, I use the German version), but I'm rather used to
>> "File->Open" being an allround solution.
>
> We all are used to File/Open. That's why it so important that is does
> not ask the same question again and again.
> You want to create a project, which is imho not really the task of
> "File/Open", but of the project menu.

Well... maybe I should start playing around with the keyboard shortcut
settings of Lazarus... :)

Thank you for your response.

Regards,
Sven