[Lazarus] Threads in Lazarus code base

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:13:23 CEST 2010

On 15 September 2010 13:07, Juha Manninen (gmail) >> Nothing. It's
just error-prone. Enabling CThreads slightly reduces the
>> overall performance, but I don't think it's relevant.
>
> Ok, so there is a technical reason against threads, a performance hit.
> I didn't know.

I would like to see performance tests and clear results on that,
before I believe it! There are so many apps out there (and more every
day) that use multiple thread. Yes the threading implementation in
Delphi/Free Pascal is not perfect, but it's a damn site better than
clunky OnIdle event handlers and external processes and pipes etc. to
try and achieve the same task as a simple thread would do.

  - Graeme -