[Lazarus] Lazarus-support site, question about FPC version for Lazarus

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Sep 16 10:08:50 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 10:00 +0200, Tom Verhoeff wrote:
> My motivation:
>
> I haven't used Lazarus (and FPC) for a while now, because last year we made
> the (forced) switch to Java :-(.  But now I need to look into some older code.
>
> I also discovered the new Lazarus support web site (nice initiative).
>
> Information about latest stable version and how to install are (still)
> somewhat lacking.  If the latest stable Lazaraus requires an older
> version of FPC, then it would be important to point that out up front
> (and it would be nice to know about using multiple FPC versions).
> If Lazarus can work with the latest stable FPC, then it would be helpful
> to indicate how to set that up.

It's really difficult to find an intuitive way for newcomers to help
them install Lazarus. I've planned to think something out for this next
weekend for the lazarus-support website. (As you can see now it's
splitted up into two portions, one with instructions, one to actually
download it. But from the comments I've got I concluded that this is too
difficult)

Joost.