[Lazarus] Lazarus-support site, question about FPC version for Lazarus

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Sep 16 17:14:53 CEST 2010

On 9/16/2010 04:08, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> It's really difficult to find an intuitive way for newcomers to help
> them install Lazarus. I've planned to think something out for this next
> weekend for the lazarus-support website. (As you can see now it's
> splitted up into two portions, one with instructions, one to actually
> download it. But from the comments I've got I concluded that this is too
> difficult)

i wouldn't say that "it is too difficult" but more like "it is much more trouble
to hunt here and there for things that need to be done when one doesn't know
where to start at all"...

yes, it comes down to making it as simple as possible and we have xerox, apple
and m$ to thank for that with their "one icon to do a job" goals of dumbing down
everything so that the lowest common denominator can perform the task at hand...

here's a clue (not that any one here really needs it but)... find yourself a
computer illiterate person and have them perform the steps necessary for the
task... they will find all the problems that need to be taken care of ;)