[Lazarus] Lazarus-support site, question about FPC version for Lazarus

Richard Saunders saunders.richard.p at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 17:23:45 CEST 2010

  On 9/16/2010 4:08 AM, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> It's really difficult to find an intuitive way for newcomers to help
> them install Lazarus. I've planned to think something out for this next
> weekend for the lazarus-support website. (As you can see now it's
> splitted up into two portions, one with instructions, one to actually
> download it. But from the comments I've got I concluded that this is too
> difficult)

I would like to help with this effort.

I don't think the process needs to be dumbed down to any idiot can do
it. Nor does it have to be a one-click process. But it does need to be
well organized and include some clues about the way Lazarus and FPC work
that may be scattered around in different places now.

I'm a good tester. I've also given up twice in the past on setting up my
Laz/FPC work environment because I just could not figure out what was
needed or what was going on. So, please direct me what to try out.

--
Rich S.