[Lazarus] Threads in Lazarus code base

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 17:26:59 CEST 2010

I like the current TThread =)

I am writing a strategy game and I noticed how much time it takes to
load the map, so why make the user wait? I simply put the map loading
in a thread and while the map loads the user can use the user
interface to choose a scenario or configure the game. If he is faster
then the map loading then he will have to wait at the end. If he is
slower, then he will have no waiting =)

Worked excellently in both Windows and Mac OS X.

I agree that it should be avoided most of the times, but in some
special cases it can be the best solution.

In the particular case maybe seeing a patch would clarify things. Then
one can discuss in more detail if it is positive or if another
solution is better. The discussion got too theoretical (not to mention
a couple of flames).

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho