[Lazarus] (no subject)

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 16:50:38 CEST 2010

One other thing to think about is something I do often which is to
have a "suspend needed" boolean variable for threads.  So if a suspend
is needed it will be processed at an appropriate section of code where
the thread itself knows whether or not it is indeed safe.  Other wise
it will remain pending for that thread until such time as it can reach
a suspended state, trip another flag, and suspend.

So these issues are not trivial but are somewhat easy to ensure safety
during suspend/resume calls.  Just requires a bit of advanced skills
when dealing with threads to remove risks associated with causing race
conditions.