[Lazarus] FreePascal Source not found in Ubuntu

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.dk
Fri Sep 24 09:40:50 CEST 2010

  On 2010-09-24 09:31, Frank Church wrote:
> I installed the Ubuntu package from the Wiki using the getlaz script,
> whenever I open Lazarus I get the error message
>
> The Free Pascal source directory was not found
>
> Some code functions will not work etc,etc
>
> When I check the Environment | Options | Files the FPC source
> directory is empty.
> Is there something to be typed in there or do they have to be
> installed separately?

Depending on what version of Ubuntu you use, the easiest way to install
the source (assuming you installed fpc through synapctic or similar) is
to type the following in a terminal:

sudo apt-get install fpc-source

I think the default install location is /usr/share/src, but i'm not sure
of that.

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen.