[Lazarus] Is there a way to choose with fpc to use in lazarus command?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 23:43:48 CEST 2010

On 25 September 2010 22:20, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 21:48:27 +0100
> Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 25 September 2010 21:30, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> >wrote:

> modify

> be

> is

> > > No. The fpc.cfg is read by the ppc386.

> which
> > > which
> the
> > >
> > > What's wrong with
> > > IDE menu / Environment / Options ... / Environment /
> > > Files / compiler path
> > > ?
> > >

> > Because the caption of the compiler path settings says "Compiler path
> (e.g.
> > fpc)" I thought it had to be set to the bin/fpc.
>
> The caption says fpc, because for most users the path to the fpc
> executable is the best choice.
>

> > It is now set to ppc386
> >
> > I am now get the dreaded "Fatal: Can't find unit Contnrs used by xxxxx"
> > error, yet it is located in
>  <source_dir>/packages/fcl-base/src/contnrs.pp
>
> The compiler searches the ppu.
> The error message probably means the compiler found ppu files compiled
> with a different version. Note: The Contnrs is just the first unit the
> compiler misses.
> Have you compiled lazarus with the new compiler?

I am sure I did, because the latest svn needs to be compiled with fpc 2.4.0.

I think I may have deleted the .o and.ppu file for contnrs because googling
indicated that they may be corrupted or something.

When I pass the mouse over the file names, I get the popups showing the file
location correctly, except for contnrs. Does the IDE obtain the filename
from the .o or .ppu files, or my scanning the source directory?

The contnrs file is in the  <fpc_source_dir>/packages/fcl-base/src
directory. Can the IDE locate them there?

If I delete them can't Lazarus recompile them again?

Mattias

> --

Frank Church