[Lazarus] Build configuration

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 11:13:55 CEST 2010

About the patches, the whole process is:

1> All incoming patches should be sent to the bug tracker. There they
will be targeted to the next release, 0.9.30 never later then that
2> If the patch needs improvement, then it will be said and it looses
this target unless a new patch is provided.

There are no exception to these rules. If some patch followed a
different route, please provide the bug tracker ID number for it. If
it was sent by some other mean then the bug tracker, then I strongly
recommend using the bug tracker instead.

> Also marking a feature or patch as target 1.0, 1.2 or post 1.2 is pretty much a slap in the face.

About features: I don't agree that marking a feature without
contributors to a distant future is a slap in the face.

About patches: This doesn't exist. As explained above they are all
targeted to the next release.

> Considering Lazarus has been around for 10 years (I think), and still
> is no closer to a "stable" or 1.0 release.

> Well, there is no roadmap for Lazarus

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Development_Process#What_we_are_planing_to_do
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_0.9.30_todo (not very
updated at the moment, but it seams that even your tasks for this
release need update)
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_0.9.30_release_notes (quite
well updated)

> This makes it rather hard to contribute towards a release goal too,
> don't you think.

One can just ask. I think that all features which were planned for
0.9.30 were already done. The only things left are:

1> Wait for FPC 2.4.2
2> Fix all 41 bugs assigned for 0.9.30 (including review and apply patches)

Personally I don't have anything assigned for 0.9.30

Other stuff may get fixed and added, but they are more of personal
todo lists then Lazarus todo lists.

About contributing towards the release goal, the best method would be
by sending patches to fix the issues assigned for 0.9.30

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho