[Lazarus] Posting to the list via the Gmane news gateway???

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:22:52 CEST 2010

On 27 September 2010 19:48, waldo kitty wrote:
> is under a top level "programing" folder, a "pascal" folder and then a
> "lazarus" folder... offlist private messages are handled similarly...
>
>   programing/pascal/lazarus
>   programing/pascal/lazarus/offlist

Nicely organized. :-)

> the point is, learn your software and how to use it then put it to work
> /for/ you instead of it making you work ;)

The major difference with using NNTP, is that you can easily switch
systems (Home, work, laptop) and have all "last read" message status
marked correctly - that's if your news profile directory lives on a
flashdrive, or is synced with a flashdrive.  Our company also didn't
allow us to check work emails from outside the company. This is why I
setup a dedicated Gmail account - accessible from everywhere and last
read message status is still in tact.

I guess one could setup Thunderbird's profile directory to be on a
flashdrive too, just never tried it myself yet.

  - Graeme -