[Lazarus] Lazarus SVN build "stucked" to TFPCSourceCache.Update after ran

Thierry Bothorel thierry.bothorel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 22:44:06 CEST 2010

Mattias Gaertner a écrit :
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:55:55 +0200
> Thierry Bothorel <thierry.bothorel at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Vincent Snijders a écrit :

>>> Why are the primary and the secundary config directory the same. Data
>>> is copied from secundary config directory to primary config directory,
>>> and I can imagine that you create a endless loop, if they point to the
>>> same directory.
>>>
>>> Vincent
>>>

>> OK I understand, but this has not caused me troubles before (~ 6
>> months). Why I did that. I have several Lazarus installations. A
>> "regular" one installed from :
>> deb http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lazarus/ lazarus-stable
>> and some others in my home directory.
>>
>> Previously I ran Lazarus installation, build from latest source, without
>> any parameter, and others more "stable" with something like :
>> startlazarus --pcp=~/.lazarus-stable
>>
>> But this cause me lots of troubles when running just :
>> startlazarus --pcp=~/.lazarus
>>
>> when I believed deleting ~/.lazarus was enough, before I  understand it
>> use environment file for *regular" lazarus :
>>
>> startlazarus
>> TLazarusManager.Run starting
>> /home/thierrybo/Sys/local/opt/lazarus_FPC_svn/lazarus ...
>> TMainIDE.ParseCmdLineOptions:
>>   PrimaryConfigPath="/home/thierrybo/.lazarus"
>>   SecondaryConfigPath="/etc/lazarus"
>> <-------------------------------------------
>>

>> So I added
>>
>> --scp=~/.lazarus to avoid this. This used to work until now. I have another build using svn code from 1 month ago, without any problem. My regular installation use also the two identical --pcp and --scp parameters.
>>

> Using the scp=pcp should not cause any trouble, because the logic
> behind the secondary config directory is this:
>
> If a config file is missing in the pcp, but there is one in the
> scp then it is copied from the scp to the pcp.
>
> Mattias

Ok, so this brings me to the starting point :-) I did a test. If I run just
startlazarus --pcp=~/.lazarus
it starts properly ,because it reads
/etc/lazarus/environmentoptions.xml, but this file is not supposed to be
there because it is installed and setup for another Lazarus installation.

But if /etc/lazarus/environmentoptions.xml does not exist (as if I has
not installed Lazarus from  Ubuntu repositories) , I get back to the
TFPCSourceCache.Update problem. On a fresh install no primary or
secondary config file is supposed to be there. I compiled Lazarus
with-dVerboseFPCSrcScan but I did not noticed new lines in the output.

Thierry B.