[Lazarus] Where to set project search paths in lazarus?

BosseB bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 22:18:44 CEST 2010

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:48:11 -0700, ABorka <fpc-devel at aborka.com>
wrote:

>I'm using TortoiseSVN on Windows (both WinXP 32 and Win7 64) and it
>works perfectly for both FPC and Lazarus.
>Yes, on the older XP machine it takes a while and sometimes slows the
>computer down significantly - sometimes even as if the computer just
>stopped -, but it works.
>
>I use "http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk" as the url for FPC,
>and
>"http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk" for the Lazarus
>checkout/update. Then run a .bat file to run the compilation and update
>of FPC and Lazarus while having a drink.
>
>I would not say that with Linux everything is easier - that is far not
>the case - , because both OS-es work and once you did it right, you will
>find it easy the following times on either platform...
>On Linux I use manual commands because I am too lazy to even create a
>script for them :)

I am back home now and then I used the command line command from the
webpage:
 svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk lazarus

This worked fine to check out a lot of files...
Maybe the command line works better than Tortoise?
Or maybe the network environment at work is better?
Or maybe my work Win7x64 PC is not suited whereas my home XP-Pro is?

I had installed TortoiseSVN back in 2006 (version 1.3 something) and I
guess it also installed the command line client.
Now after getting Lazarus checked out I will install the latest
TortoiseSVN and then try the command above for FPC.

Question:
With TortoiseSVN one gets to enter *only* the url part of the co
command shown above, but the lazarus ending part is not entered, how
come and how can TortoiseSVN know what module to check out?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden