[Lazarus] Problems with the v0.9.30 AMD 64 DEBs on Sourceforge

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Tue Apr 5 11:11:33 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed the AMD 64 DEBs from Sourceforge, cleaned
off my 0.9.28 setup onto DVD and then installed v0.9.30 from scratch.
The process has been a bit fraught. :( This is all using Linux Mint 9,
which is a fork from Ubuntu.

The first problem was that installing the DEBs gives a couple of
unresolved dependencies, basically the QT4 stuff. Don't use QT4, so I
can ignore that, Lazarus still started up OK after a apt-get -f, so no
worries there.

Next thing missing was one package, pack_powerpdf or something like
that, but I knew I'd seen that in the CCR, so no problems, download
and install that. Then there were a few file and directory permissions
to be changed.

Now the problem which has got me stuck - trying to rebuild Lazarus
from within the IDE, I get an error

/usr/lib/lazarus/0.9.30/ide/idecmdline.pas(1,1) Fatal: Can't find unit
exploreidemenu used by Lazarus

This is NOT some kind of mangled path problem - I used Dolphin to do a
*case-insensitive* search of my *entire* file system for exploreidemenu.*

No files were found.

So, my question - I did, yes **I DID**, install all the .DEBs within
those two files on Sourceforge, including both the FPC and the Lazarus
sources. I don't want to end up with an incompatible set of sources,
and I've not enough experience with Lazarus to want to work through
building everything from an SVN download. Does anyone know if/where I
can get a set of the sources used to build the release of Lazarus
that's available on Sourceforge, so that I can try to fix the problem
myself?

Thanks,

Brian.