[Lazarus] TIFF images

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Fri Apr 15 21:28:24 CEST 2011

Hi,
I want to work with TIFF images. Lazarus do not provide support to
this format, by default.
So, I found the PicViewer project:
http://breakoutbox.de/pascal/applications.html

I downloaded the demo[1] and ran. Was OK, very good... I can load the
TIFF images.
But before load the image, the Demo prints the message "Please wait a
moment..." in the TImage using this code:

        // clear previous Image :
        Image.Picture.Clear;

        Image.Canvas.Brush.Color:= Panel2.Color;   // = clBtnFace;
        Image.Canvas.FillRect( 0, 0, Image.Width, Image.Height);

        // Show the "please wait.." text on the canvas :
        Image.Canvas.TextOut( (Image.Width -Image.Canvas.TextWidth( s)) div 2,
                              Image.Height div 2, s);

That's OK... but if I compile the project[2] this message above is not
visible and the Image background is changed to black... before the
image file is loaded.

The README.txt file, in directory of project, say:
"The Source Code was successfully compiled with Lazarus 0.9.29  rev
28140  from 2010-11-08"

I'm using Lazarus 0.9.30.1 r29237 FPC 2.4.3 i386-win32-win32/win64

What's the difference? Something changed in Image.Canvas?

Thanks,
Marcos Douglas

[1] http://breakoutbox.de/files/PicViewerExampleApplication.zip
[2] http://breakoutbox.de/files/PicViewer0.02.zip