[Lazarus] Lazarus config woes

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Apr 2 10:12:24 CEST 2011

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 02:48:06 +0200
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
> >  >[...]
> > The secondary configs are templates for the primary configs. The
> > installers and administrators can create templates.
>
> There exist other opinions as well :-(

I explained how it is implemented. And I don't see anything bad about
other opinions.

> Where can I find the documentation for the templates?

There is not much to know:
The secondary have obviously the same format as the primary configs.
The values depends on version. They are human readable xml and you
should not edit them manually. Use the IDE to create/edit them.

> >  > Does it really make sense to use a Lazarus directory, different from the
> >  > one the IDE was built from?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > It depends on your workflow, so it does not make sense to every one.
>
> Can you give at least one example?

I already gave the debugging example. Another is to have a second copy
with a patched version, but using the normal lazbuild.

>[...]

Mattias