[Lazarus] Project / Save Project As ... - expected behavior?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Apr 2 10:19:08 CEST 2011

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 20:54:11 -0500
John Repucci <john.repucci at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I have a project that works (ie: compiles correctly...) and I do a
> Project / Save Project As ... into a different directory with a
> different name, should I expect that the new project should contain
> all necessary files and compile correctly?

Only the lpi and lpr files are copied to the new location and the
search paths are adapted. Normal projects will still compile.
If you want a copy of the whole project directory you can use your
favorite file browser.

> OnGuard example program: "codegen"  - If I compile it, it works just fine.
> When I do a Project Save As ...into a different directory, I only find
> two files in the new directory - NewCodeGen.lpi and NewCodeGen.lpr.
> And (duh...), the application fails to compile, complaining it cannot
> find a unit (codegenu, in this case).

Please create a bug report and give a simple example with a directory
layout.

Mattias