[Lazarus] Project / Save Project As ... - expected behavior?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Apr 4 10:31:58 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 14:20:40 -0500
John Repucci <john.repucci at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I believe that currently it is necessary to use the menu "View / Units..." for each unit then do a "File / Save as..." for each of the units. I also think that when a unit is saved that it's form is automatically saved... someone please correct me if this is wrong.
> >
> > Correct.
> > If you want to move many units, it may be easier to edit the lpi file.
> >

> > Mattias
> >

> Ignoring the effort to make the changes ...
>
> Is either of these procedures (move one file at a time or edit the lpi
> file) the way this should ideally work?

Yes for "Save Project As". It should work as a rename and a
possibility to change the base directory of the project.
No for the many units. Ideally there is a explorer like tool to move
units around and all references are automatically updated.

> I was expecting that Save Project As ... would allow me to clone the
> project so I could start a spin-off.

Then you need a function "clone project".

> Would "Project / Publish Project do a clone?

Yes.
Maybe this function should be named "Publish/Clone project".

> Is there any reason I should not create an enhancement / feature
> request to change this behavior?

This mail is already a feature request. :)

Mattias