[Lazarus] New behavior - RadioGroup

t.wieckowski at gmail.com t.wieckowski at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:15:52 CEST 2011

2011/4/6 zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net>

> On Tuesday 05 of April 2011 22:16:29 t.wieckowski at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> > since rev. 30161, my apps goes crazy.
>
> Where and why your apps goes crazy because of that ?

1. in some case I've OnClick code which show some control if another are
visible, in that case they are not visible and
I see what it should not see.
2. in some case I've MessageBox in OnClick, then if I've ItemIndex:=2
OnCreate Form then it fired that MessageBox
etc.

but there is no problem, I can use "if not Visible then exit;" <- OnClick
or maybe better solution is:
RadioGroup1.OnClick:=nil;
RadioGroup1.ItemIndex:=2;
RadioGroup1.OnClick:=@RadioGroup1OnClick;

>  > When I'm setting itemindex for Radiogroup in "OnCreateForm" event then
> > OnClick for that control is fired.
>
> Actually, I've changed that to be Delphi compat.
>
> > Such behavior will be from now on ?
>
> Yes, see  http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=15989

IMHO I think that is odd behaviour, better (logical) in that case is to have
OnChange event related with ItemIndex (but there's no OnChange for
RadioGroup).

what will be now with ListBox,ComboBox.ItemIndex in that case ? I don't have
Delphi to check.

Maybe another problem, I read a little about this behavior in Delphi and I
do not know if this is true but (in Delphi) Itemindex OnClick fires only
when different from the previous value is set. Can't check this.

best regards
Tomek