[Lazarus] Creating SDK like system

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Apr 14 09:47:51 CEST 2011

On 04/13/2011 05:12 PM, ik wrote:
> I was requested to create a Windows program that can be changed (the
> interface) using some sort of SDK.
> I have never created such systems before, and I'm looking to
> understand how I design something like that in a program written in
> Lazarus.

Lazarus provides a GUI designer. Maybe you can strip-down and modify it
according to your needs.

The LCL provides lots of elements for the designer to use. Maybe you can
select some and modify and enhance them  according to your needs.

The code of the GUI elements is "living" as well at design time as at
run time to create and draw the elements and "visually" assign
parameters to them.

The Lazarus GUI designer creates a resource stream from these "visual"
parameters that is compiled into the target executable.

The executable executes the GUI elements' code to have them draw
themselves according to the stored parameters.

So maybe Lazarus itself is a good starting point.

-Michael