[Lazarus] Terminal in Lazarus

Geoffray Levasseur jeff.levasseur at free.fr
Sat Apr 16 12:39:09 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to create a build manager for own compiled package. The project is
in a good way but the next step is a bit hard for me. To complete the
software, I need to have an integrated terminal. Here are the constraint:
 1 - I need to be able to use environment variable, so once the terminal is
open it will use the same shell until the job is complete.
 2 - Each command (sometimes complex ones, e.g. "for" and "if" statement) will
be added line by line (from a TString) at runtime and each time a command is
complete I need to now its exit code.
 3 - As this will be most of the time bash (or zsh if the user chose this),
the shell can change at runtime with perl or python. I still must be able to
interact with those shell.
 4 - The terminal will be embedded in a Lazarus form (do not matter if it's
created at runtime).
 5 - Ideally all the output can be logged in a text file.

In fact the best will be something like an xterm clone but in pascal...

Any ideas on how to do this?
Thanks
--
Geoffray « fatalerrors » Levasseur