[Lazarus] CodeTools facility for documenting source code?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Apr 19 15:13:47 CEST 2011

On 19/04/2011 13:50, Frank Church wrote:

> I am looking for something manually triggered that can check what
> procedures have been modified, or added, then I can jump to them one
> by one and note down my changes.
>
> I don't need something that is necessarily hooked into my VCS, but
> something that can diff the procedures individually and list those
> that have been changed.
>
> I also need to settle on a docblock style, and this stackoverflow
> thread is interesting
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/750810/most-common-docblock-for-delphi-and-or-freepascal-code.
>
> Are any of the options here preferred by FPC/Lazarus developers?

As a personal opinion, I would like to see that in fpdoc. For example
introducing a checksum field, for each documented procedure.
Then you could always get a list of modified, since last documentation
functions.

Obviously it be nice if the checksum was not sensitive to changes in
whitespace only.

It would not show you a diff, of what was changed, but that can be found
via svn and co (Maybe another field, indicating which revision a file
had, at the time of documenting....

Martin