[Lazarus] Message Loop paused when no interaction with mouse?

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 16:31:59 CEST 2011

On 20/04/11 15:26, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 04/20/2011 04:05 PM, Henry Vermaak wrote:
>> PostMessage does wake up the main thread (when you compile your
>> project with -dusecthreads). And I use QueueAsyncCall with a manual
>> wakeup, which works well for me on win32 and gtk2. I use svn head, by
>> the way.
>>
> You are not _supposed_ to do that. QueuAsyncCall _should_ work for
> itself (instantly and without doing polling ). So this is a work around
> and not a reliable consideration.

Huh, what polling?  I know this is not ideal, that's why there is a bug
report.  All QueueAsyncCall needs to do is to wake up the main thread
after it has queued the function.  There is nothing "broken in the
infrastructure" as you keep saying, or perhaps you'd like to point us to
some specific code you find problematic to explain your statements?

Henry