[Lazarus] reverse engineering tool wanted

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Apr 20 17:45:02 CEST 2011

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011, Alexander Klenin wrote:

> 2011/4/20 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:
>> Isn't drawing of diagrams a bit far-fetched for a charting component ?
>> I mean, I can use a screw-driver as a hammer, but this is not really its
>> purpose, and definitely not the best tool for the job ?
>>
>> I can see it as part of a larger 2-D graphics suite, of course.
>
> Well, just about every other charting component on the market does it,
> for better or worse.

No doubt. I do doubt I would use them.

Because I can't possibly see why you would want this in a single component.
One is for statistics, the other for diagrams. Thus, I would make
this 2 separate components. About the only intersection they have
is that they draw on a canvas.

That is, of course, assuming you'd implement it in a single component.

Michael.