[Lazarus] GetProcAddress weird problem

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Thu Apr 21 14:26:05 CEST 2011

On Thursday 21 of April 2011 13:21:17 Marco van de Voort wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:20:52AM -0300, Leonardo M. Ram? wrote:
> > Hi, I'm facing a weird issue with GetProcAddress in a Lazarus program
> >
> > I have a method that calls GetProcAddress to get a pointer to a function
> > in a shared library. The method can be called many times without
> > problem.
>
> Multiple  dyn loading of the same lib through loadlibrary maybe?

Or library already loaded, but from another app and not from LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
I had same problem with xulrunner and sqlite.
libsqlite-3 is in /usr/lib and in /usr/lib/xulrunner and with different
versions (xulrunner one was 3-4 minor versions down). If I started firefox ,
and then app which loads libsqlite - crash.
Removing libsqlite-3 from /usr/lib/xulrunner and adding symlink to
/usr/lib/libsqlite-3 fixed my problem.
But I'm wondering now is it fpc problem ,since other apps takes
/usr/lib/libsqlite-3 and works ok (even have test C code which dynamically
loads libsqlite-3 in same manner as fpc do, but that C example works and fpc
one not ... don't ask me for this example project...I don't know where it is
).

zeljko