[Lazarus] Should StringGrid1.Clear clear the fixed rows / columns?

John Repucci john.repucci at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 03:10:34 CEST 2011

I have a fixed row in my SG with the titles for the columns, but when I do a
SG.clear, the fixed rows are deleted.
I understand why that is happening (the so-called fixed rows are just row
[0] within the SG).

However, it would be nice if the fixed rows were not affected by the clear.
Am I missing something in the setup of the SG which would prevent the fixed
row from being cleared or is this a bug or a potential enhancement request?

I could implement something like VirtualStringView/Tree and I am using that
elsewhere in my program for another purpose, but I was looking for a
lightweight grid.

0.9.31-31292-2.4.4-win32-Vista