[Lazarus] Raster Ops in Carbon missing. Alternatives?

Bruce Tulloch bruce at causal.com
Sat Aug 6 14:41:12 CEST 2011

We're porting code that uses the SRCPAINT raster op extensively (to
merge multiple dynamically generated bitmaps efficiently at about 100
frames per second) and it works exceptionally well in Gtk2 and Win32.

Now we're porting to OS X (Carbon) and we've discovered raster ops are
not implemented. I see this has been raised and acknowledged as a
feature request half a year ago (lazarus bug 18430).

Are there plans to implement it?

If not, what other graphics programming options are available which
might be viable for this purpose.

Any and all advice gratefully received,

Cheers, Bruce.