[Lazarus] multi version package support

ik idokan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 15:38:51 CEST 2011

Hello list,

One of the best things in Ruby gems is the ability to have multiple versions
of the same package and write in code what is the exact version of the
package we wish to use, or just let it to decide for us.
I find it very helpful, because I'm not always interested in the newest
version, or the current used version, and I want to use something specific.
For example prior of API changes, or rewriting for a newer version will take
too much work, and not really needed.

Lazarus have packages with version numbers with them, but you can not use
them for installing multiple versions of the package, only to explicitly
write what version you are requiring.
Does feature such as multiple version installation sounds useful for others
as well ?

If so, I hope that on October my work load cycle will drop (like every
year), and I wish to add such support.

Thanks,

Ido