[Lazarus] Is it safe to combine Gtk/Qt and Win32 in the same source tree?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:21:25 CEST 2011

I am developing a project whose main GUI is for Windows with a Linux
backend.

They both share lots of source mostly in data modules. Is it safe to have
both the Linux and Windows projects in the same tree, without any harmful
side effects?

I would love to use Qt or Gtk instead of Win32 for the Windows side, but I
am not ready to locate subtle bugs and incomplete controls.

PS. On the Linux side which should I go for, Qt or Gtk2?

--
Frank Church