[Lazarus] Converting pchar to pcchar

Alex du Plessis alexdup.main at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 18:45:40 CEST 2011

Hi List,

Could anyone tell me what is the difference between a pchar and a
pcchar?  |And how does one create the one from the other.

I have a library that was written in c++ and need to enter a string
parameter into one of the (crucial) functions. When I used h2pas to
convert the c header file it replaced the parameter type with a pcchar
on that function.  As far as I can determine, the two types are not
compatible - the type checking in the compiler throws an error and
refuses to compile.

I could state the question differently as well.  How do I get a string
into a pcchar variable?

Regards
Alex du Plessis