[Lazarus] Using Laz 32bits to compile 64bits

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Fri Aug 19 15:45:14 CEST 2011

Hi,
My env is WinXP (3 bits, of course), FPC 2.5.1 (/branches_2_6) and
Lazarus 0.9.31.
I have FPC and Lazarus working on my notebook and I have a HD external
too (in any PC I can use the FPC/Lazarus, just using --pcp to start
it).

Now I have to compile a console program (this is the first) to use in
a Win7 64bits dual core.

My questions are:
1. I can use Lazarus 32bits in a machine 64bits but compile a program to 64bits?
2. The make, to compile FPC, knows about if the machine is 64bits or I
have to type a parameter?

[1] http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29

Marcos Douglas