[Lazarus] Code for building Lazarus snapshots?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:32:33 CEST 2011

On 2 August 2011 11:56, Vincent Snijders <vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/8/2 Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com>:
> >

> > Is the code used to build the Lazarus snapshots available?
> It is in lazarus\tools\install.
>

> > Are the Windows snapshots built on a Windows system or cross compiled
> from
> > Linux?
>
> All snapshots are build on native systems, except for
> * rpms are built on a ubuntu vm.
> * arm-wince snapshots are built on a winxp vm.
>

> > I just want to avoid the trial and error experiences I have with Windows
> > system, and I see no need for that if working reliable code for
> > accomplishing that exists.
>
> Vincent

Is that all?

Is it the tool that apparently builds the snapshots day in day out without
fail, when all and sundry have been pulling out their hair over Lazarus
compilation?

How often is it updated, when did it last receive updates?

I will check up on the build dependencies try it out it and report my
conclusions.

> --

Frank Church