[Lazarus] The right way of installing FPC to use with Lazarus?

Fr0sT fr0st.brutal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 18:03:45 CEST 2011

Marcos, thanks for answering. Sorry I didn't mention OS - I use
WinXP32 and also tried compiling for Winx64.
I've read the page you mentioned already (haven't tried all the
actions though) but I doubt that it will create needed source folders
(but I'll test it anyway).
But manual is still incomplete. Nothing is said about:
- libgdb - where people could find it, what version to download?
- gdb.exe to enable Lazarus bebugger - the same
- x64 compilation - when trying to compile for x64 (under x32 OS) I
received error "no *.dll, *.ico, *.h in ....\binw64" - what's this and
how can one deal with that? (I just copied stuff from binw32 folder
but it's hardly a proper way)