[Lazarus] The right way of installing FPC to use with Lazarus?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 10:59:37 CEST 2011

Fr0sT wrote:

> 2. As I expected, LibGDB absence made FPC units to compile without it. Am I
> right guessing this means I couldn't step into these units while debugging
> (something like turning "use debug DCU's" off in Delphi)? Seems that FPC IDE
> will lack debug capability at all ("LibGDB was not found, IDE has no
> Debugger support") but who cares...

As I understand it, libgdb is for the text-mode IDE that comes with the
FPC compiler, and isn't used by Lazarus. I've managed to build it from
source for most platforms I've got here (the exceptions being ARM Linux
and SPARC Solaris) but it's not pleasant and recently I've not been trying.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk