[Lazarus] The right way of installing FPC to use with Lazarus?

Fr0sT fr0st.brutal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 16:44:48 CEST 2011

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> As I understand it, libgdb is for the text-mode IDE that comes with the
> FPC compiler, and isn't used by Lazarus. I've managed to build it from
> source for most platforms I've got here (the exceptions being ARM Linux
> and SPARC Solaris) but it's not pleasant and recently I've not been
> trying.

Glad to hear that, minus one dependency.

Marcos Douglas wrote:

> Before run scripts, you must to enter in command line. ;-)

Yup, that's a variant too :)

What do you talk about? Forget this... you did not install the FPC yet.
Yeah, I already realized libgdb doesn't matter

Can you test again, please?
I'll do, as soon as I finish some digging in the Lazarus code modifying it
for my purposes :)

So, did you installed the Lazarus and FPC?!
Yes, except the AV I mentioned everything's fine. Now I even managed to
launch and debug one copy of Lazarus under another copy of Lazarus :)