[Lazarus] Top-posting, was Re: reading FORTRAN-style input in Lazarus

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 14:58:53 CEST 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 08/05/2011 12:09 PM, Fr0sT wrote:
>> ago. In XXI, it's time for DHTML, AJAX and other cool and useful stuff.
>> IMHO.
>
> Nope, I just wish for a NNTP (news group) setup and plain text messages.
> NNTP was purposely designed for multi-user discussions. It works
> perfectly for that.

The problem with NNTP is that servers such as INN are likely to filter
and reject messages they don't like the look of- excessive quoting and
so on.

I'm using INN v2 as a storage backend for MLs (and much else), and
there's a constant dribble of messages that I don't get to see as a result.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk