[Lazarus] Extended LazUpdater available: cross-platform install of SVN/Git FPC/Lazarus

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 17:16:30 CEST 2011

On 5-8-2011 14:37, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 08/05/2011 01:59 PM, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>>
>> On Linux/OSX: this version needs to be tested.
>
> Lots, it doesn't compile at all.
>
> 1. I'm using 0.9.30.x. Once opened in Lazarus, the IDE complains that
>    you have LCLBase and LCL as dependencies. Thus tachat.pp is included
>    twice. I removed LCLBase to continue.
<snip embarrassing list of issues>
> Regards,
>   - Graeme -

Graeme,

Thanks for the issue reports, which I think I addressed. I've compiled
and run it on a recent Debian x64, with Lazarus 0.9.30.
There were some issues with quotes around arguments, e.g. originally
something like
PP="/usr/bin/fpc"
which had to be changed to
"PP=/usr/bin/fpc"

Now it runs, seems to download & compile fine (using git).
Download: still at
http://forge.lazarusforum.de/issues/118
(bottom of page)

Next I'm going to look if it works on OSX.

Regards,
Reinier

Note: I still have to add the "bare metal" option on Linux/OSX: if you
only have make/binutils, and svn or git, it should download an fpc
bootstrap compiler and use that if possible...

PS: Lazarus 0.9.30 complained about an unknown keyword (or something)
PrefixOption in my main.lfm form; if I compiled it anyway, I got
problems on running the code.
Can one use macros or something to enable conditional compilation based
on the Lazarus version?