[Lazarus] TTabControl (d)evolution

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 5 19:27:12 CEST 2011

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
> <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
>> Make the dummy page the one and only page for unpaged tab controls, usable
>> as the client area of the TTabControl.
>
> It is not clear about which dummy page you are talking about, but I
> don't see this working.

A dummy page widget is created on creation of the widget, and used until
the first tab is added. This widget should be used also for further tabs.

>> I still don't understand the need and purpose of all that.
>
> I am getting tired of this endless discussion. I was expecting that
> you would provide patches for this, but if you just want to talk
> endlessly about the problem, then we are loosing time here.

I don't like endless work, when something gets into the way on other
widgetsets. That's why I want you (or somebody else) prepare the
widgetsets first, so that the remaining LCL code will work everywhere,
once it has been made work.

Currently I can't debug on my Linux, that's why I cannot dig deeper into
the gtk2 problems.

> I already provided a simple working solution for you to finish TNewTabControl:
>
> 1> Override the handle and create a TCustomControl handle

I still don't understand the purpose of that procedure.

> 2> Put a TPageControl in the bottom of the control, redirect all
> methods to work on it

That's the old implementation, no need to reinvent the wheel.

> 3> Make sure it is compatible with the current TTabControl

I thought that we should make the old (current) implementation more
Delphi compatible?

DoDi