[Lazarus] RE : Migrating from Laz 0.9.30 (fixes_0_9_30) to Laz 0.9.31(trunk)

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Aug 6 18:21:16 CEST 2011

On 06/08/2011 16:28, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 4:22 AM, Ludo Brands<ludo.brands at free.fr>  wrote:
>>
>>> So,
>>> 1. I got the sources
>>> 2. compiled the first time... everything ok.
>>> 3. close the IDE, copy 0.9.30-config to 0.9.31-config and
>>> replaced all 0.9.30 texts to 0.9.31 in all files 4. open IDE
>>> without errors. 5. build up + clean all using the main menu
>>> 6. IDE compile all files, creates the lazarus.new.exe and
>>> restart. 7. ERROR(?) I see the image in attachment.
>>>
>> There has been made a change in TCustomForm.Create constructor. It raises
>> now an exception if the descendant has no resources. One of your packages
>> needs to be adapted. More info here (look in the notes):
>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19389
> Hmm... but which package? Would be better if the error message said
> what class is "wrong". I use the packages default of Lazarus and Zeos,
> just this.

I am not sure it is a package, or that it is the packages fault.

Look exactly at the error. IT is a "TForm1" for which the resources are
missing.

If a packages tries to create a resourceless form, then it would be just
a "TForm" (the package would call TForm.Create)

Now if it is a package (wich as unlikely as it sounds to me, has a
TForm1, rather than aproper named form), then it's a problem with
resources. e.g some resource, did not get compiled, some .lfr not
created or included, or some $I *.LFM missing or not working....

Maybe it is failing to open your current project. Try opening Lazarus
without project (remove from your config folder)