[Lazarus] RE : Migrating from Laz 0.9.30 (fixes_0_9_30) to Laz 0.9.31(trunk)

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Aug 7 12:06:53 CEST 2011

On 07/08/2011 03:12, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Martin<lazarus at mfriebe.de>  wrote:
>> Compile you laz with debug -g -g- info, and either with -WC (console) or run
>> with --debug-log=file
> Sorry to ask but these parameters are to the 'make' tool?

AFAIK:
make <target>  OPT="-g -gl -WC"

I usually compile from within the IDE (tools menu).
Anjd that for me always also recompiled the packages.

That is assuming the packages are compatible with the new version. If a
package does not work any longer then it can't be migrated, until the
package is updated too (if available)

--debug-log= is given to lazarus.exe when you start lazarus (use a
windows shortcut, edit it's properties)

>> then you may get a stacktrace.
>>
>> or run lazarus.new.exe, in the debugger, in lazarus itself.
> I never did this... can you explain, please?

assuming you compiled lazarus with -g -gl (and maybe -gw) and you did
NOT strip symbol info; and ideally you did NOT smart-link:

- open the lazarus.lpi (from the ide directory)
- use "run param" from run menu, to specify the new exe (and the correct
-primary-config-path)
- press F9

move the windows of the debugged Lazarus, so you do not mix them with
the old one....