[Lazarus] Delphi XE2 uses FPC, plus VCL just not portable

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 08:55:12 CEST 2011

On 08/08/2011 05:58 AM, Max Vlasov wrote:
> Small correction, I think this was not a vision or partly a vision,
> FireMonkey is mostly Eugeny Krukov's KSDev (http://www.ksdev.com/) bought by
> Embarcadero several months ago. He already done all cross-platform stuff and

I knew that, but irrespective of where they got the code from, the point
remains - their cross-platform product is not based on the very Windows
centric VCL. This is good for them. VCL will continue to work as normal
and their customers will be happy. New projects can use FireMonkey which
is cross-platform without any Windows centric limitations.

Regards,
  - Graeme -