[Lazarus] RE : Forms in DLL

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Aug 9 14:09:35 CEST 2011

On 08/09/2011 01:14 PM, Juan Sánchez wrote:
> Thans Michael.
>     I have not developed with threads. I've tried the following. I do
> not know if it is right. The window is created from the main
> application, but you can not close it.
I did a lot of work  with threads, but I did not use Lazarus in Windows
and did not do dlls (or so's) with same. :(

On the first look the code looks good.

I don't know what DllMessage is.

If this is the code that is executed when the dll is initialized,
creating the thread there might be OK, even if I think it would be more
appropriate to have the main program call a dedicated function in the
DLL to initialize the GUI.

In any case I think it is not a good idea to have the var GUI2Thread in
a local context. I would do it outside of a function to allow for
accessing it when necessary.

Does your code sample somehow work ?

-Michael