[Lazarus] TDateEdit Problem

Gerard Visent gerardusmercator at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:39:02 CEST 2011

Hi David,

There are several TDateEdit's
> on several forms and they all have stopped responding. If I click on the
> form background the DateEdit will close.

This may be due to the following change, made in mid-july:
See also http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=14058
In GTK2, the calendar was shown in a modal form and the underlying form
wouldn't get the focus until it was closed.
Clicking anywhere outise the calendar now closes it, and it's consistent
with what it does under Windows.

> If I try to manually enter the
> date into the edit box it also appears that the DateOrder is not
> respected. I am using YMd, but when I try to enter "2011-08-30", the
> cursor skips to the month when the first "1" in the year is pressed.

This works for me (Linux Mint 64 bits, SVN 31924 FPCO 2.4.2).

> update from SVN periodically. This app uses GTK2. If I rebuild the app
> using QT the TDateEdit's work fine. Also, when I create a new test app
> with just a TDateEdit using GTK2, it works properly. I'm probably
> missing something simple, but can't see what it is.

Sorry, no idea of what can be wrong.

Regards,

Gerard.