[Lazarus] Edti's password char with bug?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Aug 10 16:49:40 CEST 2011

On 10/08/2011 15:30, Gerard Visent wrote:
> Hi William,
>

> 2011/8/10 William Oliveira Ferreira <bdexterholland at gmail.com
> <mailto:bdexterholland at gmail.com>>
>
>     I like to use a × (ascii 158) as a password char, it´s clean, easy
>     to read and count, but int (win) lazarus, i can´t set it as
>     password char. When i set it, i becames an asterisk (*). This
>     doesn´t heappen when i set a common letters as vowels and consonants.
>

> It works for me in Windows XP with SVN 31926. I can set 'x', 'X' and
> that's what I see.
>
>     Maibe i found a bug?
>

> Possible, but it may have been fixed since SVN 29749.
> That doesn't work with GTK2 under Linux though. :-(

Hm, on my system 158 results in a "z" with some tilde or accent.

But that is probably the correct behaviour.

For some reason the PassWordchar field accepts an ansi char, rather than
a utf8 char. So what you will see depends on the codepage of the system
on which your app is run. Even if it displays fine on your PC, if you
ship the app, other people will see other chars.

How or why it becomes an * I do not know...