[Lazarus] GTK TlistView

Michael Thompson mike.cornflake at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:43:25 CEST 2011

>> type
>> // for {$mode objfpc}
>>   TIntegerList = specialize TFPGList<Integer>;
>>
>> My question is, are you guys happy if I go ahead and implement code
inside
>> gtk2wscustomlistview.inc that uses this functionality, or should I just
stay
>> on the safe side and implement a specific TIntegerList for this scenario?
>>

> Good question. I have also though when we should start using generics in
> Lazarus and LCL code.
>
> I remember that 2 latest FPC versions should be supported by Lazarus trunk
> code. Currently it means FPC 2.4.2 and 2.4.4.

Tested yielded good results with the generics (using TFPGMaps gave me the
sort code I need for testing), but the IDE itself didn't like the generics
(jump to implementation, and procedure list both failed in random ways
including the entire IDE vanishing twice), so I'm thinking generics
shouldn't be added to the LCL until the IDE fully supports them.   On the
TIntegerList front, I refactored the code several times over, and the
current implementation doesn't use an integerlist at all.  Many thanks for
the feedback, and the link to your code...