[Lazarus] Error in synedit from new SVN revision in Lazarus (31941)

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:17:30 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Vincent Snijders schrieb:
>
>> What fpc version do you use? I am aware of some issues using fpc
>> 2.7.1, because of
>> http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_Trunk#Anonymous_inherited_calls
>
> Can you explain what this really means?
>
> I don't understand "anonymous", "call through", and the example :-(

anoymous -> "inherited" instead of "inherited SomeCall(AParam: Type);"

call through -> well, I'm no native English speaker either, and I also
found "through" isn't an appropriate word. IMVHO it's the new behavior
that calls "through" the parent into the exact overriden method ;-)
The example is clear for me. Anonymous 'inherited' will call an exact
inherited implementation instead of a compatible overload in the
parent/intermediate ancestors. I wasn't really aware of the
old/current-release FPC behavior :-o

> IMO a compiler should reject ambigous overloaded procedures, i.e. when the
> significant parameters only differ in type size.

It doesn't reject the overloads?

Best regards,
Flávio